As a Church of England school, faith is central to our school's ways of learning and living. Worship and reflection form a central part of our school life.
Milton Ernest VC Lower School is a village school at the heart of a rural community and is part of a federation with Eileen Wade Lower School in Upper Dean.
At Milton Ernest Lower Schools we believe that education enriches people’s lives and aspirations. We value everyone and strive for all to reach their full potential. We base our work on the principle that children learn most effectively in a secure, exciting, challenging and inclusive environment that nurtures a life-long love of learning. As a Church of England school, Christian faith is central to our school’s ways of learning and living.
We work in partnership with parents, the local community, All Saints Church, other schools in the area and fellow professionals to build our children’s social, emotional, intellectual, physical, spiritual and ethical skills.
· To provide the best possible education for each child through the delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum that matches individual needs and aspirations
· To provide a secure, happy and stimulating learning environment in which children are challenged and encouraged to take risks
· To enable children to become numerate, literate, creative and curious
· To promote a healthy life style
· To nurture an atmosphere in which children, parents, staff and community feel part of the school family.
· To encourage mutual respect, confidence, co-operation and self-esteem
· To help our children to understand and respect other cultures, beliefs and faiths – so that they celebrate diversity and have no fear of difference.
“Parents and carers are exceptionally positive about the school.” Ofsted Report, Nov 2012
Milton Ernest VC Lower School
Karen Winter - School Secretary
Mrs Lisa Virnuls B.Ed
Chair of Governors:
Rev'd Stephen Holroyd
Local Education Authority:
Chief Education Officer
Bedford Borough Council
Bedford MK42 9AP